DOES YOUR BUSINESS USE AIR CONDITIONING, HEAT PUMPS, OR REFRIGERATION? IF SO, YOU SHOULD READ THIS.
The European Union’s F-gas Regulation No 842/2006 became law on 4 July 2006. This imposes obligations on “operators” of this equipment from 4 July 2007 that you should know about.This has more recently been updated to EC517-2014.More details on ACRIB website and DEFRA Website.
TM44 Energy assessment ..this is now also a legal requirement and a service Cool-Tec Services offer.
For a one-off charge, we will visit your premises, audit all your air conditioning systems, perform leak tests, provide a report to confirm if your systems use currently acceptable refrigerants, which require the refrigerant to be changed, which require annual leak checks, and confirm your new legal obligations.
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US.
“Operators” are defined as the people or organisations that have actual power over the technical functioning of the equipment.
The legal responsibility for compliance with the Regulation lies with the operator.
IN A NUTSHELL…
- Prevent leakage, and repair any leaks as soon as possible
- Arrange proper refrigerant recovery by certified personnel during servicing and disposal
- Carry out leak checks to the schedule shown below
- Ensure that only certified competent personnel carry out leakage checks
- Maintain records of refrigerants and of servicing – Click here to download a log sheet
TYPES OF AIR CONDITIONING UNITS
The leak checks must be carried out according to the procedure laid down by the Commission in October 2007. The schedule for leak checks varies depending on the amount of refrigerant in the system, as follows:
- At least annually for applications with 3kg or more of F-gases (unless the equipment is hermetically sealed and labelled as such, in which case the thresholds is up to 6kg).
- At least once every six months for applications with 30kg or more of F-gases
- At least once every three months for applications with 300kg or more of F-gases.
- Leakage detection systems must be installed on applications with 300 kg or more of F-gases, and when these are in place, checking requirements are halved
- If a leak is detected and repaired, a further check must be carried out within one month to ensure that the repair has been effective
MAINTENANCE AND SERVICING RECORDS
Air Conditioning Experts
We're proud to be one of the leading providers of air conditioning, refrigeration, cold rooms and ventilation to commercial clients in Dorset and across the South.